Trust Needs to be a Two Way Street
Jeff Bullas writes a great article with 7 Reasons Why Companies Should Blog.
- It helps your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as Google loves new content!
- You can engage and understand your customers better.
- You are seen as an expert in your field, a ” Thought Leader”
- Great new content gives people a reason to keep coming back to your site.
- Blogs are a much more trusted source than companies press releases and official company PR.
- It moves customers to a conversion point where enough trust is created for people to take the next step and buy.
- By writing you are learning.
Fantastic list. However, I’d modify reason 2 to read, “You can engage and understand your customers better. & vice versa.” As a customer I want to engage and understand your company better by being able to ask questions & offer feedback. Show me that you want my input, not just ear. User experience is so important. This type of two way street is the is the strongest way to bullet point 6: Moving customers “to a conversion point where enough trust is created for people to take the next step and buy”.
Once your company has decided to blog, what functions and features should a blog include?
After stellar content, definitely give users a way to share that content via share buttons from the following:
- Digg (Over 20 million people visit this site every month)
- Reddit (Alexa rank of 664 and a Google page rank of 8.. this means one of the top sites in the world with a large number of inbound links and over 6 million unique visitors a month)
- Delicious (nearly 2 Million unique visitors per month)
- Stumbleupon (over 5 million unique visitors a month)
- Facebook ( over 250 Million subscribers)
- Twitter (No 2 Social Media site and is monitored by search engines and becoming more important for SEO)
- RT @nathanvickers: I am having a great day and this is still awesome. twitter.com/BabyAnimalPics… cc @ayhiggs @bekiweki @Jenny_Newman 1 year ago
- RT @starfishncoffee: Not helpful if you just avoid rejection altogether by not bothering to try. psychcentral.com/blog/archives/… 1 year ago
- Is there a way to anchor the snipping tool to my task tray??? @ohdeargodwhy #HelpDesk 1 year ago
- @spaceappsnextgen Are non-high school students welcome to observe Space Apps Next Gen NYC? 1 year ago
- RT @arrenbas: Caffeinated pacifiers. #BadSharkTankPitches @midnight 1 year ago
- RT @trendtopicsusa: Omaha 1 #SHESKINDAHOTMUSICVIDEO 2 Drake 3 #TOU15 4 #Nebraska 5 #StoryOfMyLifeIn4Words 6 #BachelorInParadise 1 year ago
- RT @trendtopicsusa: Phoenix 1 #BadSharkTankPitches 2 Rihanna 3 #OVOFest 4 #SYTYCD 5 #SHESKINDAHOTMUSICVIDEO 7 Hayden 8 Waymo 1 year ago
- RT @KristinMCoppens: A1: A brand only becomes social when they engage and build relationships on social media. Just having accounts isn't... 1 year ago